476 visa for recent engineering graduates

476 visa for recent engineering graduates

If you’ve recently graduated with an engineering degree and would like to expand your geographical horizons, you may want to consider applying for a Recognised Graduate (Temporary) Visa – Subclass 476.

Discussing this and other immigration visas that might work for you with a registered migration agent is a good idea, but here’s a quick run-down of this visa to slake your interest.

The 476 visa allows recent graduates from particular overseas universities to gain valuable work and life experience in Australia.

This visa is specifically designed for people who are trained in occupations that Australia regards as “in demand”. You got it – engineering is one of those occupations!

You need to have completed your engineering degree within the last two years and you must have attended a “recognised university” to be eligible.

You can live and work in Australia for up to 18 months on the 476 visa.

With this visa in your hand, you can also submit a permanent residency application “at any time you are able to meet the passmark on the General Skilled Migration points test,” according to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

For more information about your visa options as an engineer, get in touch with one of Australia’s many registered migration agents today!